After so long, we’re counting down until the unveiling of Glasgow’s first permanent memorial to An Gorta Mór this Sunday. Here’s all you need to know:
Watch a live stream
If you don’t have a ticket to join us on the day, the event will be livestreamed from 2pm on Sunday. Please visit www.westreamitservices.co.uk/mor and follow the on-screen instructions.
Information for those attending
If you’ve booked your free ticket to join us on the day, here’s what you need to know:
- – The event will start at 2pm and is outdoors at St Mary’s, 89 Abercromby Street, Glasgow, G40 2DQ
- – Commemorative programmes will be available for £5. This cost will contribute to future improvements on site. Please note we can only accept cash payments
- – The majority of the crowd will be standing. We will have an area set aside to ensure people can view the event if using a wheelchair, and a small number of seats for those who need them. If you’d like to access this area, please approach a steward when you arrive
- – Please don’t attend if you feel unwell or have been advised to isolate
- – We are asking all attendees to maintain physical distancing between households, use hand sanitiser, wear masks and abide by current guidelines
- – Scotland is in level 0 coronavirus restrictions, meaning you should try to avoid sharing a car with people outside your household. If travelling by public transport, remember masks must be worn
- – The event will be live streamed and available for public viewing online
We look forward to marking this momentous occasion with you this Sunday.